My water broke about 6:30 am. It was less than dramatic, and I wasn't even sure if that was actually had happened. Mild contractions started about an hour later. I got up, took a shower, ate breakfast and John took Edie to school - planning on returning home to take me in for our scheduled ultrasound and appointment. He was gone about 20 minutes, and by the time he returned home it had intensified so much and so quickly we ended up going straight to the hospital instead. 40 minutes after checking in, Miss Molly was laying in my arms! Dr. Bunch barely made it in time to deliver, and there was definitely no time for the epidural. At the time I was not too thrilled about this, but now I'm thankful it ended up happening that way as recovery is a bit easier and Molly was so awake and alert. The nurses were wonderful and so was John, I couldn't have done it without their support and encouragement!
Poppy and Tu picked Edie up from school, and took her home for her nap. Then they brought her to meet her little sister that evening! She had the sweetest grin on her face when she came in the room! She seemed a bit overwhelmed by it all though, and I think the IV line and hospital gown really concerned her and she was a little timid. She whispered "I love you" and "Sweet, sweet baby" to her sister and it was absolutely precious. And mostly she was excited to open presents.
Molly is named for well, we just liked the ring of Molly Mascarich! Turns out if John had been a girl, MJ was going to name him Molly - so here she is 35 years and one generation later - little Molly Mascarich! We wanted to give her a family name as well, and Todd is John's mother's maiden name. And she will even share a monogram with MJ (and Uncle Todd too), MTM!
We are so grateful and blessed to have another sweet and healthy baby girl! She's been a really good baby so far, but I don't think she's fully awake yet either!
Introduction of the sisters (might have to turn the volume way up!)

No comments:
Post a Comment