As far as baby news, we are due this Saturday. I have a check up appointment with the doctor this Thursday and an ultrasound right before that to check the fluid levels and baby's size since I have elected not to be induced on the due date. I'm definitely ready to have this baby, but I'll give it an extra week to see if he/she will come on her own, and hopefully that will be sooner rather than later. I'm also hopeful it will not be during one of the Cats tournament games as the SEC tournament starts this weekend, and the NCAA tournament next weekend or we might end up with a little Terrence or DeAndre Mascarich! :) We can't wait to meet our new baby and to see if Edie gets a brother or sister!
In other news, I can't leave out our fur baby - We celebrated Sadie's 6th birthday on March 5. Unfortunately for Sadie, it rained all day on her birthday so she didn't get to go to the park as planned. But Edie and John took her to Three Dog Bakery to get a special personalized dog bone cookie (which Edie called her birthday cake) and we had a little birthday dinner for her at home. Edie gets so excited to celebrate birthdays!
As for Edie, she's as funny as ever. She's is still shocking me everyday at the things she has picked up on and says. We've had a few battles of wills with things and a few struggles with the "Terrible Two's" here and there, but overall she's still quite a joy. We narrowly averted a huge tragedy when we switched out her beloved green blanket. It was getting really tattered and worn and starting to come apart, and I happened to find a spare one of the exact same blanket at a sale here. So one night, we switched out the old for the new. I didn't think she'd notice, but John was right and she almost had a complete meltdown. You would have thought the world was going to end by the look on her face when she first touched it and realized it was softer and newer and not the same one. That lip came out and the tears started to come and "what happened to my blanket??". John saved the day, and explained that when we washed her sheets that blanket came out all new and softer. Luckily, I was changing the sheets on her bed that same night, so she bought that story and has accepted her softer blanket ever since.
She loves to go play on the playground and go down slides. She's REALLY into her baby dolls. It's sort of funny - instead of naming all her babies as babies she has a baby family. Bitty Baby (the one from American Girl store in Chicago) is the main baby, and then she also has "Baby's Mama" which is the baby doll she had first, and another baby that is "Baby's Daddy". She briefly also started calling her Christmas Teddy Bear "Baby's other daddy" but I finally got that changed to just "Baby's Teddy" so baby doesn't have 2 daddys! :) She gets up with all 3 babies and her blanket every morning and brings them into our room. Sometimes she settles them all into Sadie's bed so they can keep Sadie company. I'm hoping her fascination with baby dolls will help with her transition to our new baby, and that she will be excited to care for her babies while I am caring for ours!
She loves to read books! I've had to start setting a limit on how many books we read before naptime, because otherwise it's continually "one more" until we end up reading all afternoon! She knows the story lines to a lot of her books, and will "read" those to her babies. I catch her doing that a lot when I go in to get her up from her nap!
And finally, here is Edie in her own words at age 2-1/2!
No comments:
Post a Comment