Princess Edie - pretty much any time we are home, Edie dons either her princess dress, tutu, or sometimes both, and she trots around in her princess shoes.
Edie loves being a big sister! She frequently asks to hold her, and likes to help burp her. And she likes to let me know when Molly is crying, as if I don't already hear it myself :)Edie got all princessed out to watch the royal wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton. Her favorite part was the "little princesses" aka bridesmaids. Afterwards, she asked if she could have a wedding dress. I told her she can't have a wedding dress until she grows up and gets married. She paused for a while and then looked at me and said "Mommy, I want to get married then so I can have my dress".
Even Sadie got into the princess spirit for the royal wedding!
Rain, rain, and more rain in Louisville this spring. Lots of crazy weather and tornadoes too. Edie spent a night or 2 sleeping in the basement due to severe weather. She didn't seem to mind though since she got to sleep in her sleeping bag in her princess castle tent!
Edie & Sadie - Still best buddies
School is out for the summer and her music class is over too. I decided not to sign her up for any activities other than a 6 week "camp" at her school which is pretty much the same thing as parent's day out, just 2 mornings a week. That doesn't start until late June. We are actually enjoying having no activities and places to be. Just enjoying our backyard and neighborhood parks a lot and scheduling some playdates with friends!
In other Edie news, she apparently has developed an imaginary friend. We are not sure where this came from at all. This is what we know about him so far - "He's a girl", his name is Poke Abby, he is a friend of Abby Cadabby's (Sesame Street), he looks like Batman, and he lives across the street. She will randomly start talking to Poke - while she's playing, riding in the car, eating, etc. I have to admit I think it's a little odd, but I guess it's pretty normal for kids this age. I've sort of taken the approach to not encourage it, but not discourage it either.
To kick off Summer, John took Edie camping at "Camp Connor" in Oldham County with Chip, Abigail, and Lucy. I don't think they got any pictures but if some turn up I'll post them. Edie got to sleep with the big girls in their tent and was super excited to take her sleeping bag that Big Edie gave her for Christmas last year! Sadie got to tag along and being the dog that she is, opted to sleep in the tent with John instead of outside! They fished, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, and made S'mores. They had a blast and came home exhausted, especially Sadie! And while they camped, Nora and I took the babies for a girls night out and enjoyed dinner at the Bristol!
In other Edie news, she apparently has developed an imaginary friend. We are not sure where this came from at all. This is what we know about him so far - "He's a girl", his name is Poke Abby, he is a friend of Abby Cadabby's (Sesame Street), he looks like Batman, and he lives across the street. She will randomly start talking to Poke - while she's playing, riding in the car, eating, etc. I have to admit I think it's a little odd, but I guess it's pretty normal for kids this age. I've sort of taken the approach to not encourage it, but not discourage it either.
To kick off Summer, John took Edie camping at "Camp Connor" in Oldham County with Chip, Abigail, and Lucy. I don't think they got any pictures but if some turn up I'll post them. Edie got to sleep with the big girls in their tent and was super excited to take her sleeping bag that Big Edie gave her for Christmas last year! Sadie got to tag along and being the dog that she is, opted to sleep in the tent with John instead of outside! They fished, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, and made S'mores. They had a blast and came home exhausted, especially Sadie! And while they camped, Nora and I took the babies for a girls night out and enjoyed dinner at the Bristol!
In other family news, my nephew Steele has undergone several very serious brain/skull/facial surgeries related to his Crouzon's syndrome. It is hard to be away from family during these times, and we wish so much that we could be there to visit Steele and help out Lindsay and Mike. Oma is filling in for all of us though and has been out in Seattle with them for several weeks. On the off chance I forget, Edie now reminds me during our bedtime prayers that we need to say a "Special prayer for Steele".
We also received the sad news this past weekend, that John's Aunt Arline passed away. We were looking forward to their visit here in a few weeks where Aunt Arline was going to be Molly's proxy Godmother for Doriot at Molly's baptism . We were deeply saddened by her passing and our thoughts and prayers are with Uncle George, Doriot, Serena, and Tanya this week.





No comments:
Post a Comment