Sunday, January 24, 2010

Postponed...

Edie's eye specialist called Friday and said there was a scheduling conflict for the operating rooms at Kosair Children's Hospital on Monday, so they would have to reschedule the surgery. They had some earlier dates available at Jewish East, but we decided to wait for the next available Kosair date which is not until February 16.

I was actually kind of glad the surgery got postponed. It gave me a little more time to research it, and now I feel more comfortable with doing the surgery. We were starting to wonder if they were just fixing it to fix it, since the blocked tear duct won't affect her vision at all and really doesn't seem to bother her all that much. I talked to Edie's pediatrician about it on Friday, and she said that while it is not a major problem, having a teary eye and a blocked duct puts her at a higher risk for frequent eye infections. She also said it could bother her more as she gets older. Dr. Massey also said to definitely do the surgery at Kosair rather than Jewish since they are all pediatric specialists, so I am glad we decided to wait until the February date. The other good thing about the February 16 date is she will be first up on the surgery schedule that morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment