I've been meaning to start a blog for a long time now, but I guess the first year and 3 months flew my faster than I could keep up! So, I'll start off by backing up a bit.
After much anticipation, and 7 days past her due date - Edith Elizabeth (named for my maternal grandmother) arrived on July 31, 2008 weighing 8lbs, 8oz and was 21 inches long. Edie has blond hair, blue eyes, a catching smile, and a wonderfully sweet temperment.
Highlights of her first year were:
6 weeks - Baptism and Hurricane Ike hitting Louisville w/ a massive weeklong power outage (luckily for us just one day)
Christmas, 5 months old - first road trip to the Emerald Coast to Oma & Opa's house, and meeting Big Edie (her namesake) for the first time
5 months - Bat Bite & rabies treatment, and Big Snow/Ice Storm with another weeklong power outage
A few of her favorite activities include stroller rides, swinging, swimming at the baby pool, playing with Sadie, and getting in to all kinds of things she's not supposed to!
Here's a slide show highlighting Edie's first year.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment